Signing at Carpe Librum

>> Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day weekend marked my first book signing in my hometown of Knoxville, Tennessee. A great crowd of friends and family showed up at Carpe Librum on Saturday, and bookstore owners Shiela and Flossie told me afterward that this was their biggest signing event to date!

We were greeted with this amazing display when we entered. I particularly liked the sake and plum wine mixed in among the books and baseballs. By event's end, we had sold more than half the books on this table. I also signed a couple dozen more, so if you missed the event, signed copies are still available! Get them before they start selling for $500 on eBay!

My daughter Jo was particularly fond of the Samurai Shortstop cake, of which I have to show a close-up so you can truly appreciate it . . .


Pretty amazing, huh? The things kids can do with computers these days.

I got to see many old friends from many different stages of my life, many books were sold, and a good time was had by all. The day was mostly a blur for me, as I was meeting, greeting, and signing for almost three hours.



Thanks to everyone who made my big signing day one to remember!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP