Liberating Yoda

>> Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Yoda Clone Wars action figure! Excellent. But what's this sticker on the plastic?

"1st Day of Issue"? Force preserve us. This is artificial scarcity. You've got a hundred thousand plastic Yoda figures and you want to make some of them worth more than the others? Slap a "first day of issue" sticker on ten thousand of them, et voila! Same bleeping figures, instant "collectibles." You know what I have to say to that?

I'm-a-comin' for you, Yoda!

Free you I will!

That's what I think of your "1st Day of Issue."

Now, to free Yoda from his further chains--the ridiculous plastic cords they use now to pose action figures in blister packs they never expect collectors to open...

And Yoda joins the pantheon of toys under my computer monitor!

5 comments:

Ron Gratz December 11, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

I hear that those 1st issue Yodas are worth a fortune if they are in their original wrapper.

Kitt December 12, 2008 at 2:27 AM  

I have some really nice wine that's worth a lot, too. And you know what? I'm drinking it.

Yoda looks happy where he is.

Alan Gratz December 12, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

In my heart, I know that after I go to sleep at night, he and Morocco Mole climb down off of there and go on adventures together...

Anonymous,  December 13, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

Mayhap you should wrap your next 10,000 books in plastic and slap on a "Hot off the press" sticker.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP