Moody Bibs

>> Sunday, March 2, 2008

The horrible bug that has zapped everyone in the family off and on for a few weeks now looks like it might have been beaten into submission. Maybe. I'll believe it when I can work for a full day without collapsing as soon as Jo goes to bed.

The recent plague means there's been no evening sewing happening - but I did get some weekend sewing done. And I decided to make something totally new! I made a few bibs recently for a Lark Books project and now I've been thinking of all kinds of bib ideas. Here's the one I decided to play with.

It's reversible - the yellow side says "happy" and the green side says "hungry." I stamped the letters and I LOVE how they look - when they turned out right. I used these very cool clear stamps for the first time. You buy the stamps and a clear acrylic block separately, then build a word on the block, which has a handy-dandy guideline. The letters just cling to it! I used a sponge pouncer to apply fabric paint and then stamped it on. The only problem was that I didn't have enough letters in the set for most repeats. When I filled in with a solo letter (like the second p in happy) it looked different because I ended up applying a different amount of pressure - it wasn't distributed between all the letters in the word and that made the letter skinnier.

The same thing happened with the second r in merry - but moody turned out perfectly. I think this merry/moody one is my favorite.

And here's the last one - giggly and grumpy. Way too many g's in giggly! Even if I buy another set of stamps I won't be able to do this word in one print so I may come up with a different word to replace giggly. Alan suggested giddy but I'm not totally sure yet.

And see the snaps? I used snaps instead of velcro and I think it looks much better. Classier somehow. And I bought a snap setter. I know I said here that I use a spool instead, but my spool was getting pretty mangled so I broke down and bought the fancy metal thing. What a difference! It's cheap but it will last forever and I definitely recommend it now that I've tried it.

I also made a couple of hats, but Jo wasn't feeling very model-ish today so I'll post them another day. Not this week though - I'm heading out tomorrow for a work week on the road, so no evening sewing again this week. Sigh.

The bibs will be up in my new shop, as soon as I finish setting it up. It's still under construction but you're welcome to take a peek.

3 comments:

Shena Leonard March 2, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

how about "smiley" and "grumpy"?

and of course, the dwarfs "happy" and "grumpy"

cute bibs!! (=

Shena (=

Shena Leonard March 2, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

oh, now I realize you are trying to stay with the same first letter... oops! I think you could break away from that if you need to and they'd still be adorable.
SHena

Kitt March 3, 2008 at 1:55 AM  

How cute!

How about "Sweet" and "Saucy"?

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP