Rainbow Jo

>> Sunday, April 15, 2007

We have moved and all my sewing stuff is unpacked and I'm ready to start sewing again - but first here's something I made right before the move when I didn't have time to blog about it.

Jo was invited to a costume birthday party. She has a cat costume that we couldn't find anywhere.



















She has a witch costume that seemed completely inappropriate for March.



















She's been asking me to make her a rainbow skirt so I decided to make a hat to go with it and call it a rainbow costume. Ta daa!



















It was easy to make - if you like making ruffles. Each strip was 1 1/2 times the length of the strip above it. My the time I got to the last strip I was using a REALLY long strip of purple. Seriously. I don't remember exactly how long it was, but after I sewed it into a loop I held it over my head and it still dragged on the floor. This is a very wide skirt by the time it gets to the bottom. Very square-dancer-ish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP