Fabulous Fairy House - With Spa!

>> Friday, August 13, 2010

Jo came to work with me a lot this spring and summer. I work in a great old building with a nice porch for reading and a terrific backyard - so that's no hardship. She spent a solid week completely absorbed in building/improving/expanding on the most awesome fairy house ever.

I love this little ladder. Where does it lead?

To this breezy little platform - a piece of bark, wedged between two trunks and covered with soft moss. I love the pretty "curtain" of upside-down flowers tied to an overhanging branch. See?
And here's my favorite part. Around the corner of the building is a little tree fort that the kids love to play in. The centers of some of the oldest support posts are rotting out. Jo built a little shed over one.
Take a look at what's inside!
Half a scallop shell filled with water! Jo told me it's an onsen (a Japanese-style hot tub). You have no idea how much I wish this was sized for me - the perfect quiet, mossy, woodsy getaway.

3 comments:

tanita✿davis August 13, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Oh.
Isn't Kid Imagination the best thing, ever? That is just -- gorgeous.

Now we need fairies... maybe some sticks, a glue gun, some glitter, scraps of fabric...

Martha August 13, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

That is great!

There is actually a place near where I live in Maine that is famous for the "fairy forts" that people build. It basically looks like a little village!

Hi! I'm Wendi! August 13, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

Tanita - there was an older girl who joined Jo for part of the week and she provided the fairies. Each afternoon, after Jo and I left, she wrote teeny tiny fairy messages, left fairy footprints in key places, and even scattered flower petals in the onsen. Every morning when Jo arrived shed come bursting into my office to show me the "proof" that the fairies had been there.

Martha - I've heard of that place in Maine. Id love to visit it someday!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP