Back to School Fiction: Boarding School Slave

>> Monday, August 16, 2010


We recently bought a Sony Touch eReader, primarily for use while traveling, to cut down on the number of paperbacks I always load my bags with. Sony has its own bookselling site, and when I registered I started getting weekly e-mails with ebook specials in them. This week's special feature was the Back to School theme you see above.

I have yet to buy an ebook, but I always scroll through these e-mails with interest. Most of the books were of the non-fiction, how-to-survive/self-help variety, but I was pleased to see a "Fiction at School" section at the bottom, including three MG/YA school titles: The Year of Secret Assignments, The Fabled Fifth Graders of Aesop Elementary School, and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. The problem was the fourth book selected in the feature:


Boarding School Slave, which, in case you think the title is meant to be ironic or humorous, is listed as being by "#1 bestselling erotica author" J.W. McKenna.

I've got nothing against erotica as a category. I just think it's pretty hysterical to put these four books together in the same recommended books list. Love that cover too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP