And the OSCAR goes to . . .

>> Saturday, May 26, 2007

This past April I had the pleasure of speaking at Algood School in Cookeville, Tennessee. Apparently my visit made quite an impact, because this year Samurai Shortstop and I were nominated for three awards in their annual 7th grade OSCAR (Our Students Care About Reading) Awards ceremony last week. Says Carol Teeters, the Algood librarian,

All through the year they nominate books they are reading in categories such as Best Villain, Best Sci-Fi Character etc. At the end of the year after they have voted on the nominees they have a program with a red carpet, guest presenters such as Little Red Riding Hood, etc.

This year I received three nominations:

Most Outrageous Character: Futoshi

Best Historical Fiction Character: Toyo

Best Male Author: Me!

And the winner in each category - ME!

I'd just like to thank the Academy, my beautiful wife Wendi, my daughter Jo, my parents - oops, they're playing the "get-off-the-stage" music already.

Seriously, thanks to all the students at Algood School who read Samurai Shortstop and voted for it! You guys rock.

1 comments:

Kitt May 27, 2007 at 10:27 AM  

Congratulations! Where are the Red Carpet photos?

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP